We all know the importance of taking care of our hands. After all, they're one of the first things people notice about us when they meet us. But did you know that there are certain things you should do (and avoid) if you have sensitive skin? Here are five tips to keep your hands looking and feeling their best even with the most delicate skin.
1. Avoid using harsh soaps. Harsh soaps can strip the natural oils from your skin, leaving your hands feeling dry and irritated. Look for a gentle, unscented soap that won't irritate your skin.
2. Don't over-wash your hands. Washing your hands is important, but over-washing can actually make your skin drier. Try to limit yourself to two or three hand-washings per day (outside of when it’s necessary, such as after the restroom, or when cooking or handling raw meat).
3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! If you have sensitive skin, you'll want to look for a hypo-allergenic formula like Herbacin Unscented Hand Cream. This triple-action hand cream contains the healing properties of natural camomile extract, the moisturizing substances of natural glycerine, and the protection of natural silicone. Plus, it's non-greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin. And best of all, it's unscented and dermatologically tested, so it's gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin. Apply it liberally and massage it into your hands until it's fully absorbed.
4. Protect your hands from the sun. Just like your face, your hands can get sunburned—especially if they're exposed to UV rays on a daily basis. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to help protect your skin from damage.
5. See a dermatologist if you have persistent problems. If you find that you're still having problems with dry, irritated skin despite following these tips, it's time to see a dermatologist. They can help you identify any underlying conditions that may be contributing to your sensitivity and recommend further treatment options.
If you have sensitive skin, taking care of your hands can be a challenge. But by following these simple tips and using a hypo-allergenic hand cream like Herbacin Unscented Hand Cream, you can keep your hands healthy and happy all year long!