September is National Skin Care Awareness Month, and we wanted to give you some ideas on how to make the most of it! Whether you're looking for ways to improve your skincare routine or just want to learn more about skin health, these tips could help. So read on and start celebrating National Skin Care Awareness Month in style!
1) Eat well this fall. As the weather cools and we say goodbye to summer, it can be tempting to give in to cravings for comfort foods. But some dermatologists will tell you what you eat has a direct impact on your skin health. This fall, give your skin a chance to shine by eating foods that are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Incorporate colorful fruits and vegetables into your diet, like pumpkins, sweet potatoes, and cranberries. And don't forget the power of omega-3 fatty acids: they help to reduce inflammation and keep skin hydrated. Load up on salmon, walnuts, and flaxseeds this fall for skin that glows from the inside out.
2) Get regular exercise. One of the best things you can do for your skin is to get regular exercise. Not only does exercise help to improve circulation and provide oxygen and nutrients to your cells, but it also helps to flush out toxins and reduce stress levels. All these factors can help to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. If you want to keep your skin looking its best, be sure to make time for a brisk walk or run this National Skin Care Awareness Month!
3) Wear sunscreen. As the days grow shorter and the weather gets cooler, it's tempting to let your sunscreen routine slide. But the sun's rays can be just as damaging in the fall as they are in the summer. Because the sun is lower in the sky during this time of year, its rays can penetrate the skin more deeply, risk skin damage. So, make sure to apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every time you head outdoors. And don't forget to reapply it every few hours, even if you're not sweating or swimming.
4) Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is essential for keeping your skin healthy all year round, but it's especially important in the fall when the air is dryer. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids, especially if you're going to be spending a lot of time outside. The best way to stay hydrated is to drink eight glasses of water a day, and even more if you're vigorously exercising. You can also get your fluids from other beverages, but water is the best way to keep your body hydrated. So, remember to drink up and stay hydrated all autumn long!
5) Focus on your hands. National Skin Care Awareness month is the perfect time to focus on your hands. Herbacin has been a trusted name in hand care since 1905, and our products are perfect for anyone who wants to keep their hands looking their best. Herbacin Hand Creams are enriched with glycerin which smooths dry and chapped hands, and it's available in a variety of formulas to suit all needs, including the Original, Unscented, Soft, and Intensive Moisture. Now is the perfect time to stock up on Herbacin Hand Cream and give your hands the care they deserve, so go ahead and pamper your hands this National Skin Care Awareness month!
No matter what time of year it is, it’s important to take care of your skin. And with natural ingredients like those found in Herbacin products, you can be sure that you’re doing everything possible to keep your skin healthy and looking great. So don’t wait – check out the link below and order your favorite Herbacin hand cream today!